Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Stupid or secure setting in Friendster?

I have encountered an issue at friendster last time. I found that I couldn’t see any comments on my page and my friends’ pages. Just curious that why I just can see the comment in text format instead of graphical.


Then, I tried to search for the solution from internet…..there are no answers! Nevertheless, I still looking for the problem and the first suspect was the profile setting. After thoroughly testing, finally I got to know the problem behind.

Haha…..it is very stupid setting. Opppsss…..not stupid la. Maybe some of the people want to keep the comment as privacy and hide the html or any images from being seen by others. This is highly protected and secured. Hmm….this is because I didn’t seriously go through the setting, that’s why encountered this problem. It is totally my mistake!

The answer is:
You go to setting > Personal Information and Privacy Settings tab page > Safe mode option.

If you enable (click Yes) the "safe mode" setting, you won't see any html, media, or CSS in profiles. It disables those features.
If you can't see your customized profile (CSS, HTML, BACKGROUND, ETC) click the Setting link (top right of any page) and make sure your SAFE MODE setting is set to "NO".

No comments: